Thursday, January 31, 2008

Blog #2

Wow, I'm actually blogging again
Ok...now don't get too excited...this will be a borring blog
Because, once again, I thought to blog while i'm at a client site and that's really not cool cause they don't pay me to blog
Regardless,
I shall blog
I shall send them a bill and then...
If they should mention this blog, I shall remove a 1/2 hour from my bill LOL

ok soooooooooo I really have to say that it's a bit frustrating being my own boss...sort of!

The hard part is actually all the extra stuff...such as taxes and my own insurance..... that stuff is frustrating. And the paperwork....ughhhhh!!!!

I'm doing the same work i've always done...and actually i'm doing the work I WANT to do which allows me to pick and choose what to do(although i never say no for reasons i'll talk about later).
Confused yet??

The thing is this...even though i'm essentially making the same money for doing the same work, being an independent contractor, i can make more money because I can write off stuff. The problem with that is all the extra paperwork and time I have to put into keeping track of it all. I think it'll be worth it, but I won't know until my taxes are done this year :)

It's been a bit of struggle to transition, paying bills late, etc...but i am finally feeling some control over it all and getting back on track, so 2008 should be a much better year for me stress wise...

I'll discuss the stress factor in another blog...because that's a whole other story (hence doing a whole other blog)...i digress (again!)

so anyway...i have to get back to doing some of this work...but to summarize.....

I'm finally feeling better about my decision to go independant and
the reason i won't say no to the work i really don't want to do is really important to understand
I don't want to burn any bridges with people who can get me good work in the future...so even though i'm my own boss i have to treat my clients like they are...and really...they are cause they are writing the checks that are allowing me do all this stuff...
make sense???
Still Confused???
GOOD CAUSE SO AM I :)

Is anyone really reading this??? why do I bother???
(YAY Another topic for another blog)

1 comment:

Franksaga said...

Makes absolute sense to me. Keep on bloggin'!
Frank K.